India Violated Pakistan's Airspace, Dropped Payload after Chased by Pakistani Fighter Jets

The location where Indian jets dropped payloads. Image Credits: ISPR

BALAKOT, Pakistan - Villagers near the town of Balakot in northeast Pakistan were shaken out of their sleep by what seemed like an earthquake in the early hours of Tuesday, only discovering once dawn broke that there had been an Indian airstrike on their neighborhood.

Indian Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale, however, asserted that the jets had hit their target, and that "a very large number of terrorists, trainers, senior commanders and groups of jihadis who were being trained for action against India were eliminated".

The villagers, however, said no fatalities have occurred in Area. We saw fallen trees and one damaged house, and four craters where the bombs had fallen.
A special meeting of the National Security Committee chaired by the Prime Minister Imran Khan was held at his office on Tuesday.

Read More:  It’s your turn to get ready for surprise, Pakistan Army tells India

The Indian Authorities have said that the Fighter Jets crossed the Indo-Pak border and targetted more than 350 terrorists belonging to JeM whereas the place, where the Indian jets dropped the bombs after being chased by Pakistani AirForce is an inhabitant.

A few shards of metal were scattered around in the charred grass.

Pakistan's Military said Indian aircrafts intrusion across LOC in Muzaffarabad Sector was within 3-4 miles into Azad Jammu and Kashmir.

He said owing to the swift response by the Pakistan Air Force, the Indian aircraft were forced to a hasty withdrawal and dropping their payload, which fell in an open area.

The meeting was attended by the ministers of foreign affairs, defence and finance, the chairman joint chiefs of staff committee and other civil and military officials.

"Forum strongly rejected Indian claim of targeting an alleged terrorist camp near Balakot and the claim of heavy casualties. Once again, the Indian government has resorted to a self-serving, reckless and fictitious claim," Pakistan's prime minister's office said in a statement.

Mohammad Ajmal, a 25 year-old villager near Jaba Top, where the attack took place, said he had heard four loud bangs in succession just before 3.00 a.m. (2200 GMT).

“We couldn’t tell what had happened. It was only in the morning that we figured out it was an attack,” he told Reuters after visiting the site, in a wooded hilltop area.

Fida Hussain Shah, a 46 year-old farmer, said he and other villagers had found pieces of Indian ordnance that had splintered pine trees on the hill but the only casualty was a man sleeping in his house when shrapnel broke the windows.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.